Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A handful

I watched Mama while Zubbu went to get her “head fixed” (braids and koyraboro beads weaved in). He was sleeping. Then fussing. Then pooping. After I cleaned him up, we cuddled and he quieted. I <3 style="font-style:italic;">bupbuping) and go find her. Luckily, she walked in just as I was attaching the screaming kid to my back, laughing, saying, “Eh, Mariam ni duu goy! Aru lala wo, bissimilahi!” The little guy is a handful! Still I love spending time with him as his ña hinkanto, his second mother.

At Bébé’s this evening we had kurbakurba (millet paste) and then milk with lunch’s leftover rice. She was angry with the milk vendors because they had been adding water and you can definitely tell. At least they are being entrepreneurial...

No comments:

Disclaimer

All tales, opinions, and attitudes are those Joanna has experienced and subsequently composed. This Blog does not reflect the ideas or policies of the U.S. Peace Corps, its employees and volunteers, at large.