Thursday, April 24, 2008

Exhausted with a capital E

Ami, grace à Dieu, came to help me at Nutrition. We weighed 41 babies and gave out 8 rations of flour—meaning there were 8 babies needing their mothers informed of the program, drugs allotted and given rendezvous. Both people from the village I visited with PC came! I was so happy the CSCOM successfully referred them. We didn’t finish until well past 2pm and it was easily 40°--Aliou guessed 43°. That’s 110°F!! The office was disgusting when we were done. Afterward, I cleaned it all up with bleach and demanded people take off their shoes. We really need mats in the hallway to keep the dirt out. Zubbu was annoyed I only came for food and then when right back to the hospital for feedings. I was so tired I couldn’t even stay after dinner for my favorite kind of bita: wheat serri. But my ear is leaking brain juice and the antibiotics are helping but I hate going to the pharmacy so much. At least a woman there agree with me when I called the Pharmacist to his face an aruzey kaŋ moñey ga kogu hala a man ti moso. Basically, he's a bit of a jerk.

No comments:

Disclaimer

All tales, opinions, and attitudes are those Joanna has experienced and subsequently composed. This Blog does not reflect the ideas or policies of the U.S. Peace Corps, its employees and volunteers, at large.