Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

This is the first Thanksgiving that I've heard the turkey gobble in the morning, had it plucked, butchered, and cooked in time for dinner.
I made the stuffing from scratch; others made potatoes, deviled eggs, salad, yams, and gravy. I also made pumpkin pie and apple crisp. More dessert than meal really with the squash pie and banana pudding pie. Mmmmm.
Today I did the weekly radio show with other volunteers. We talked about what an African-American is in the USA, and how the USA has people with ancestors from all over the world.
Once back home in Ansongo I met the mayor and he recommended a tutor to help with the local dialect.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Disclaimer

All tales, opinions, and attitudes are those Joanna has experienced and subsequently composed. This Blog does not reflect the ideas or policies of the U.S. Peace Corps, its employees and volunteers, at large.