Wednesday, November 1, 2006

New assignment to come...

"Living peacefully?" Ask the Bambaras cheerfully each morning as I leave my temporary apartment in Bamako. Sometimes I feel so fake answering the expected "peace only," cause right now I'd rather be doing my job at site, the job I came here to do, than sitting in Bamako. Waiting. At least I have news. I will not be going back to my site in Goundam, Timbuktu region. The Embassy and the State Department have the last word, and their word is no Americans in Timbuktu. Meaning the Peace Corps is forced to suspend service there indefinitely. So...options include sites to the east and south. Good news is the CD guaranteed Frank (my kitty) would move with me to my new site.

No comments:

Disclaimer

All tales, opinions, and attitudes are those Joanna has experienced and subsequently composed. This Blog does not reflect the ideas or policies of the U.S. Peace Corps, its employees and volunteers, at large.