Sunday, March 25, 2007

Love

I didn't want to leave my cocoon of sheets on the roof this morning as the sun rose above the wall and woke me up. It was chilly last night!
I made it to church where Pastor Mossa had me do the opening prayer in English. His sermon was on how the more we love God, the more we are forgiven (Luke 7:40-47). So how do we love God more? 1) By accepting his grace in our lives 2) By thinking about our faith, putting into it our hearts, souls, minds, and strength 3) By following his commands for us and 4) By sharing our faith with others.
In the evening I went to cousin Tule's house for Dire food--her family is from T2. It was a new dish: resembling a meat pie, there was meat slow-cooked in date/tomato sauce covered in breading. You break off a piece of bread on top and dip below into the sauce. Delicious!

No comments:

Disclaimer

All tales, opinions, and attitudes are those Joanna has experienced and subsequently composed. This Blog does not reflect the ideas or policies of the U.S. Peace Corps, its employees and volunteers, at large.